Jul 16, 2014

Cooking with Pink Himalayan Salt

When I first heard of Pink Salt, I was fascinated by its colour more than what's in it. Seriously, anything that's pretty appeals to me so this was no exception *wink*
But on a serious note, it's not very commonly seen in our supermarkets here in Singapore. I chanced upon it quite unexpectedly when I was at the supermarket one day. 

Then I learned about how wonderful this rock salt is. Most of the salt we use to season our food are highly refined, processed and devoid of nutrients. This Himalayan Pink Salt, however, contains the full spectrum of 84 minerals, including iodine. It's an unrefined, unprocessed "raw" salt that's hand-mined from abundant caves that were formed many years ago. The many hues of pink, red and white are an indication of this salt's rich and varying mineral and energy-rich iron content.
Photo credit link
And here's a list of benefits of this great salt-


The Himalayan Pink Salt can be used to cure meat, season food and even garnish. Since it's packed full of benefits, why not make the switch? You just might enjoy it better than regular table salt!

Look out for recipes that I'll be sharing soon with this Himalayan Pink Salt as one of its ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment