Jul 28, 2014

[Recipe] Hearty Vegetable Omelette

On days when I am tired of eating out, I'll prepare something simple yet hearty at the same time for brunch. This is way better than MSG, salt & sugar laden food out at the food centre. It doesn't take a lot of time to prepare either.

I have a special liking for omelettes that I cannot explain. Any topping/stuffing would do fine as long as they are wrapped in egg.

Here's one omelette I prepare quite often. I love colourful food, it makes it visually very appetising hence I'd usually consider the colours of the ingredients that I will work them together accordingly.

In this omelette, I've included the 3 different coloured bell peppers (aka capsicum), cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, not forgetting the colour from the egg as well.

It doesn't take a lot of have this made, so here's what is needed -
Ingredients
2 Eggs (whisked)
3 fresh shitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
About 1/4 of each coloured bell peppers (diced)
1/2 medium size yellow onion (chopped roughly)
1 slice of cheddar cheese (or your choice of sliced cheese)

Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
1/4 tsp Italian herbs
Crushed red hot pepper (optional)

Process
(I used a 18cm non-stick frying pan)
1) Whisk eggs together with all the seasoning ingredients
2) Heat up a non-stick frying pan and saute the onions till tender
3) Add the vegetables and stir-fry till tender
4) Pour in the whisked egg mixture and top it with the cheese that's torn into pieces
5) Cook on low heat till you see the egg form a crust along the side of the pan and when the bottom doesn't stick you are ready to flip half side of the egg over
6) Continue to cook on low heat till the egg is cooked through
7) Serve the omelette with cherry tomatoes if you like


No comments:

Post a Comment