Jul 11, 2014

Soup That Nourishes

One of the things I enjoyed most during my growing up years was the wonderful daily freshly boiled soups. While I am not a Cantonese, my late dad grew up in the old Chinatown where he was deeply influenced by the habits of the Cantonese who appreciated a daily bowl of slow-cooked soup (老火汤)
In those growing up years, I was most definitely spoiled by my mom who relentlessly prepared soup for us daily. I could go without dinner but not without my mom's wonderful soup.

My preference towards soup was actually formed during the first four to five years of my life. The aroma, texture, and flavour still live vividly in my memory and I'll usually subconsciously associate the soups with fun, carefree days in which I feel secure and had few anxieties.


Now that I have a family of my own, I still enjoy a good bowl of soup, though it's prepared by myself instead. It is one of the best nourishing food that I can provide for my loved ones.

I will share more of the soup recipes that I've grown up drinking and I hope it will benefit you one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment