Jul 9, 2014

Tuna Sandwich

Before I was married, I don't really cook at all, and there was a time I was assigned to prepare some finger food for a workshop that I attended. It was quite daunting to a person who did not know how to cook then, but with a stroke of luck, I made tuna mayo combined with apple and it was an instant hit with the group. You can imagine how I was beaming away.

Now, on busy days when I really need to have something to fill the tummies of my family, I'd prepare this fast and easy breakfast. It's so easy to prepare it's almost laughable for me to share this recipe.
Tuna Mayo with Apple Sandwich
Where there's no cooking involved this easy meal can be whipped up in less than 15mins! All that's needed is the cutting of apples and mixing the ingredients together, it's really that simple & definitely FAST!

Here's a quick look at the nutritional value of canned tuna:
Typically it's recommended by most healthy food websites to purchase tuna canned with water but to this recipe I am sharing below I have used tuna canned in olive oil instead. It is said on some of the websites I've read that water canned tuna tends to retain the omega 3 fatty acids better. In addition, the essential fatty acids will not tend to be drained away as we drain away the excess oil from the can when we prepare the tuna sandwich.
Here's what you need -
  • Canned Tuna (drained and pour out onto a mixing bowl/plate)
  • Add Salt (you may omit if you prefer) & Pepper to taste
  • Add approximately 1Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 small apple diced (the apple adds a nice layer of crunch to the taste, so try not to dice the apple too small - approx 1cm).
  • A sandwich press (if you have one)
Just mix all the ingredients together, spoon the mixture onto a slice of bread and stack another slice on top and just press!
I love using this sandwich press, this makes handling the sandwich when consuming much cleaner and mess-free as it seals all four sides of the sandwich! It's very inexpensive, I've seen it at Daiso, so go grab one if you haven't done so :)


Go make yourself some Tuna Sandwiches today!

No comments:

Post a Comment